Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FEB. 27 RIDE TO PARKDALE

Kate and I took a chance on the milder temps to ride down to the a friend's photography studio in Liberty Village in Parkdale, to visit and hang out. Since I had to returne some stuff I borrowed , I took all the stuff down in my Wike trailer, which slowed me down a bit. We took Wellesley into the U of T King's College Circle and went in front of Hart House where the road was quite slippery, and it saw us walking our cruisers up the hill to the Soldiers Arch. On the other side of the Arch there was a group of University students who had built snow fort walls apart and were having a snowball fight. We then went out onto Harbord and took the bike lane to Bathust and south to College and over to Palmerston (which had less traffic on it) down to Queen. Passing Doc's Leathers on Queen Street west there was a mannequin on the sidewalk wearing a bright orange t-shirt with the black lettered caption ( about 5" letters) "Can You See Me Now Asshole?" I think it was made for motorcyclists, but it would also do for bike riders too, although a bit overdone with the word A$$hole on it!. Continuing on to Shaw and down to King and over to Hanna Street in Liberty Village. The trip took about 45 min.

We had a good  interesting visit checking out the studio and seeing and hearing about the aquarium for the soon to come scorpions. After hot Timmies coffee, and good munchies our trip home was uneventful and it seemed milder than when we went down. I had a slow leak in one of my trailer tires and it was quite soft, and since I forgot to bring a pump with me, we went over to the Esso Station on King Street and Strachan to get some air. I figured it would be .25 cents (was at the last gas station that I got air at back in the summer of 2010).

HA, what planet am I from? The air pump required $1.00, a total ripoff to pump up the 16 inch trailer tire. So needless to say I came home with a low tire on the trailer!
20 km round trip.